Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
God Provided a Way to Not Only Survive 2020, but to THRIVE in 2020!
In March, we shared with you the unprecedented challenges facing our ministry due to COVID-19. At that time we said that our goal was “not to just survive, but to thrive”in preparation of the ministry God was preparing us for. God amazed us with just how much was accomplished in 2020!
Here is an exciting update on everything God did in our ministry in 2020.
- In March, we told you about the projected $100,000 shortfall for summer 2020 due to lost revenue from canceled trips.
- In April, we made the incredibly tough decision to cancel all of our trips.
- New Mexico (the state our base of operations are in) was closed all summer, which meant…
- We ran 0 trips and made $0 in trip revenue in 2020.
- In September, we announced we would need to raise an additional $135,000 to cover our ministry expenses from Jan 1, 2021 until June 1, 2021, when we hope to run trips again.
- God provided $100,000 by May 5th for the summer 2020 shortfall!
- Our staff quickly pivoted the ministry to providing free resources, online bible studies, and group resources to as many people as possible!
- We used the summer to plan and pray with other outdoor ministries, re-design our programs, website, and online registration, as well as developed new ministry tools and free resources! See some of those free resources HERE.
- God blessed us with $215,000 in donations this fall to cover our expenses from Jan 1-June 1 of 2020!
- That is 163% of what we needed for the first half of 2021! PRAISE GOD!
It is clear to us that God is alive and at work in this ministry and is preparing us for a great harvest to this hurting generation.
With all of the challenges facing teens and families in 2021, we are prepared to minister to this generation by spreading the gospel through outdoor adventure in 2021. Thank you for making this ministry possible in 2021!