Our Group Outdoor Program Seasons are:
2023 Spring Season March 5-April 30
2023 Summer Season June 4-Aug 5
2023 Fall Season TBA
These are trips for groups of people looking for a trip together. It could be a youth group, a family, or just friends that would all like to take a trip together. Any group wanting to stay together and book as a group is a group trip.
Northern New Mexico
Perfectly situated outside Santa Fe, NM our New Mexico outdoor adventures are less than a day’s drive from Houston, DFW, Austin, San Antonio, and El Paso. Avoid the crowds and long drive to Colorado by bringing your group to Northern New Mexico. 12,000ft+ peaks, pristine lakes, and solitude for miles are waiting for you in the nation’s second-oldest national forest area, the Pecos Wilderness. See the area famed trapper Kit Kason called home while traveling through several ecosystems to isolated alpine summits you will not soon forget. A perfect place for outdoor recreation and to avoid the crowds of Colorado!
- Ideal for: Groups
- Ages: Groups ages 14+ or in High School
- 2023 Dates: June 4-Aug 5
- Packages: 5 & 6 Day Trips Available
- Cost $103 per person per day
Mountain Peaks, Colorado
Just a few hours north of our base camp, Southern Colorado is one of the most unique areas in the Rockies for outdoor adventures. With stunning views, lung-pounding hikes, and peaks soaring over the planes, a trip here will not be quickly forgotten. Our Colorado backpacking trips have the option to start in Santa Fe at the comforts of basecamp or to meet in Colorado at a campground for a more rustic start. This is a great location for adult hiking trips or family backpacking trips.
- Ideal for: Adult Groups and Family Groups
- Ages: *Due to CO regulations must be 18+ or accompanied w/ a parent
- 2023 Dates: Summer (June 4-Aug 5) or Fall (Aug 6-Oct 22)
- Packages: 5-8 Night Trips Available
- Cost: $115 per person per day
“My favorite part of trek is just unplugging from technology and being surrounded [by] nature.”
— Brittney from Fort Worth, TX
Canyoneering & Climbing
Like no other place on earth, Moab is truly a gateway to adventure. Every adventure seeker should put Moab on their lifetime list of places to visit. With world-class canyoneering, rock climbing, rafting, and mountain biking take your pick of activities, better yet. Try them all! Because Moab is best in the fall and spring, the season can be short for youth groups, but perfect for other groups looking for an adventure.
- Ideal for: Groups looking for a once in a lifetime adventure
- Ages: 14+ or in High School
- 2023 Dates: Late March/Early April or Late Sept
- Packages: 5 Night Minimum, 6-10 people per group
- Cost $125 per person per day
Pack and Paddle
Taos, New Mexico
Looking for a group adventure with something for everyone in your group? Combine our New Mexico backpacking trip with a one or two-day rafting trip. Want a fun day of rafting in the Rio Grande Gorge. We have it! Looking for a relaxed overnight 2-day raft trip? Then come check out the Rio Chama winding through ancient lands of the Pueblo Indians. With diverse landscapes and classic desert southwest experiences nearby we have an adventure for every group. *Trips can be mixed and matched with other offerings to fit your groups’ schedule and budget
- Ideal for: As an added adventure to your trip
- Ages: 14+ or High School
- Dates: Spring, Summer, Fall
- Packages: 1/2 day add-on or overnight packages also available
- Cost: Additional $72 person for 1/2 day raft
Are you looking for a family backpacking trip or an outdoor adventure? We have those too! Our family outdoor adventure trips can include activities like backpacking, hiking, or rafting. Family trips can take place in New Mexico, Colorado, or Utah! We take care of all the details for you and include one of our guides to lead your trip. We plan all the activities and itineraries of your trip, provide all your gear, pack your meals and make sure your family can enjoy an adventure of a lifetime without the stress of planning your outdoor adventure.
- Ideal for: Families or groups of multiple families
- Ages: 8 and Older
- Group Size: 4-12ppl
- 2023 Dates: June 4-Aug 5
- Packages: 5 & 6 Night Packages Available
- Cost: From $3,800 for 4 people
- Price: The 2023 price for groups is $103/person/day. Arrival & Departure days each count as a “½” day and make up 1 full day. (Ex. Arrive Sunday evening, trail Monday-Friday, and depart Saturday morning would be a “6-day trip”, even though it spans 7 calendar days)
- Group Size: For backpacking we are limited to groups of 13 people. If you have a group that exceeds this size you will be split into separate trail groups. For canyoneering we are limited to groups of 10.
- Additional Cost: ½ Day Raft on “Pack and Paddle” trips (most common) – $72/person
Wilderness Trek activities take place in multiple locations with varying weather patterns. Here are the things you need to prepare for your trip.
The Wilderness Trek student handbook for group trips has everything you need to know about how to better prepare for your trip. Download it, read it, use it!
Group Leader Guide
This group leader handbook has everything you need to plan, promote, and host your trip with us. From how to collect the paperwork to packing lists, everything you need for a smooth trip is in one location. Download yours today to start planning your trip!
Still have questions?
Do you still have some questions about Wilderness Trek? Take a look at our FAQ guide to find answers to common questions.
It has never been harder to be a teen than in today’s environment. Your financial support helps us keep our costs to individuals low and allows us to spread the gospel through adventure to teens from across the nation. By donating today you make it possible for us to give teens from this hurting generation an adventure of a lifetime through our ministry.